Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh the places we will go!

Hey guys! I know its been a while but we have been super busy these last couple weeks. Corey and I went on a little mini-vacation last weekend and had a blast. We figured that since we don't have too many more opportunities to do this as a two-person family we should get it out of our system. So we headed out and left on a Friday and had an amazing time! We stayed in a nice hotel with tons of things to do. We went to the "Bodies Exhibit" and it was absolutely incredible. They have a fetal room where you can either by-pass or go into and it was such a great experience to see what the baby looks like at this stage. I mean you can read about it in a book but when they say a 2 lbs chuck roast its hard to imagine it. They had it set up where you could see the baby every stage of the game. Amazing. Then we went to the zoo, (not my cup of tea) because Corey loves the zoo and lastly we had dinner at this fancy-shmancy restaurant on the river. It was really nice though, all in all. We also discovered our favorite store ever... IKEA. Love it! If you haven't been, I recommend going ASAP. They have one in Chicago and Cinci!

Anyways, back to baby! This week (week 26) the baby is 2 lbs and is the size of a chuck roast like I said before. I don't know what that means, but sounds big. I love feeling this little one move. It is so hard to explain but its the most wonderful thing ever.

We registered for baby things as well this weekend and I promise you they should put a disclaimer on this adventure. Corey and I only agreed on some things. He had the gun, and I wish I had one. Basically it was a little stressful but it is over now and things are back to normal. I warned my other prego friends that registering could lead to sleeping on the couch or divorce and to beware! hahahaha. Just kidding... Oh well, c'est la vie! Either way we both survived and we are now registered at Babies R Us and Target. :)

Today Bubbie and I went to the beauty shop for her appointment and she has had the same "beauty operator" for 40 years. I was very surprised. She looks fabulous as always and it was nice to spend the day with her. Papaw was trying to be like Tiger Woods and played golf with his cardiologists. Bubbie is making him go back to them tomorrow because she is worried about him, she should have saved a co-pay and made them check him out today. hahaha

Work is going extremely well. I just got off orientation and now I am on my own. My preceptors were absolutely amazing and so helpful and I can't thank them enough. I'll never know everything there is to know about Bariatric patients but I know who to go to when I don't know something.

No comments: