Monday, September 29, 2008

30 weeks! Update time!

Oh my goodness! Can you believe how fast these last couple weeks have gone. People at work are teasing me saying, "I feel like you have been pregnant for a year or something!" To them, it probably feels like that but to me, I feel like just yesterday I was jumping for joy at being in the second trimester. Now, its incredible to me to think in just 69 short days (hopefully) we will have a little bundle of joy. That in just 10 short weeks I will finally be able to look this little kick boxer in the face. And in just 2.5 short months I will finally be able to fill that crib we have had since week 12! I think anticipation is the best/worst thing you have to deal with when you are pregnant. You prepare as much as you can for anything and everything. You read the books, watch all the shows, Birth Day, A Baby Story, Bringing home baby, Special Delivery, and of course Jon and Kate plus 8, you take the hospital tours, read reviews online on bottles/diapers/car seats... I really don't think I studied this hard for any test I've ever taken in my life and that includes the boards! Some days I feel ready and I want this child out then other days, (like today) I want to shield the baby from this crazy, upside-down world we all have grown accustom to living in.

Anyway, this weekend was tons of fun. My cousins were all in town for Becca and Dane's engagement party Midwest style. They live in AZ and were coming in town to visit but you know my mom, she just had to throw a party! So it was full of fun times. Bubbie and Papaw were extremely happy to see Becca, Sarah and of course Dane. Most of the family already knew Dane because of my wedding (that boy got around at the wedding. He was the bald guy talking to everyone, you remember now?). The night ended with a bon fire and karaoke (I was sleeping inside on the couch because I had to work the next morning... boo!). It was so wonderful to see everyone and I am digging Sarah living only 20 minutes (on a plane) away and we have seen her more in the last year than I have in the last 10 years. I love it! Keep coming girl! Of course it wouldn't be a party unless my Bexley clan came and without disappointment, they were there! I called Joanna that day and just started crying because A). I'm emotional and B). I love my life. She answered the phone with the classic Joanna saying... "Oh my god, I love you" and it makes me smile every time. I just love her!

Well work is going well. Its hard to stay on your feet for 12.5 hours straight and running around walking patients then driving home and making dinner just to fall asleep on the couch 20 minutes later but I'm sure it will all be worth it soon. Corey and I are doing wonderfully. He is going to be the most amazing dad on the planet. He always rubs my belly and pats it before he leaves for work. I am so blessed with a great husband and an even better friend. His ideal job would be a stay at home dad but as of right now, the boy is working!

All the prego friends I have (there are quite a few) are doing great. I am throwing Tay a baby shower on Nov. 1 (I think) and we did invites during Biggest Loser the other day and they look fabulous! Tonks is doing well, she and Steve are looking at houses. Apparently they are ready to get the heck out of their apartment! My friend Sarah, which I haven't spoken much about her on here just had her 2nd baby and she did a home birth. The pictures were amazing, she was such a trooper and I think it is incredible someone our age is that strong to do something so spectacular to do a home birth is amazing to me. So all in all, everyone is fine. I can't wait to see everyone at the baby showers coming up. I know one is October 18th and the other is November 8th I think. Baby Brain! Look for your invitations in the mail!

No comments: