Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Well its not a tiny baby..."

We have pictures! So Corey and I went to the doctor today and had our second ultrasound. It was so exciting! The pictures/imagines were so much different than the first time.

When we got there she put all that fun 'goo' on my belly and started showing us pictures of our 'big foot' (you'll see later). She showed us the head, the belly, the legs and everything else. She also showed us the culprit of my heart burn. Apparently the child has a full head of hair already! She took measurements and the head is measuring at 38 weeks and the belly is measuring at 39 weeks (so apparently he/she hasn't missed a meal)! The kidneys and stomach are both functioning great and everything looks fabulous! I asked Cindy how things were looking and she said "well its not a tiny baby". She said that although its not set in stone, the baby is approximately 7 lbs 1 oz. And we still have three weeks. I told my doctor that I wasn't into having a 10 lbs child and she laughed and assured me she wouldn't let it be 10 lbs. In the midst of all this I actually lost 3 lbs this week which is strange, however with the amount I've been peeing it only makes sense!

So enjoy the pictures I'll try to point out what they are.

Here is his/her "big foot"
Photobucket

Now this picture is just the arm at the top and the hand is on the right side of the photo.
Photobucket

You can see the hair the baby has. It looks kinda like grass.
Photobucket

Here is a picture of the face, you can see the eye socket and the chubby cheeks!
Photobucket

Ok try to tilt your head to the right a little and you can see the baby's nose (nostrils) and mouth, then the arm/hand is covering his/her eyes and forehead.
Photobucket

Hand saying "Stop Mom, no more pictures!"
Photobucket

Now tilt your head again to the right and you can see his/her chubby cheeks, nose and little mouth. The hand is over the head again.
Photobucket

And here is the picture of the legs. It looks like he/she has its feet crossed at the right side of the screen.
Photobucket

No comments: