Sunday, November 16, 2008

Goodbye 36, Hello 37

Here I go catching you up on the last two weeks of my life...

Now honestly I tried to blog the other day but my camera was out of batteries (shut up Taylor) and I had to charge it before I could post pictures. But better late then never right? Last weekend was filled with activities. I had my last baby shower, Abby and Dustin's engagement party (love love love them) and Alex's Baptism. So we did a lot of running around but it was a perfect weekend.

The baby shower was thrown by Jan, Jamie, Aunt Cindy and Maddie. They did such an amazing job! However, we played the grossest (is that a word?) game in the entire world. I'm sure you have seen it, the 'melt a candy bar in a diaper' game. Pretty nasty stuff. I reassured myself that diapers don't really look like that but then my friend Shannon told me I would be surprised. But my kid won't poop. :) just kidding. Anyways, it was great. I got the stroller/car seat combo from the whole family, Mamaw had the most adorable diaper cake made and I can't wait to post pictures of it and tons of other things. Here are just a few photos. Mamaw didn't get to see the cake so I wanted to post some so she could see. I loved it! I don't know if I should take it apart or not. You tell me. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I threw this one in too because we finally got it hung up and man wasn't it a chore. However, its pretty cool. Its our mobile that lights up, plays music and of course spins. But here's the kicker, there is a remote control that goes on the outside of the door that when the baby is fussing but not crying you can use the remote to turn it on without going into the room. Super awesome!

Photobucket

Then after the baby shower we headed for Cincinnati to Aunt Ann's house for Abby and Dustin's engagement party. It made me feel like we were back in Aunt Florence's house because of the wonderful hospitality and the wait staff that were great and very friendly. Abby didn't know I was coming so I strategically sat in the corner until she finally saw me. ahhhh... I love her. There were many toasts that night (hahahaha... you had to be there) and I think Abby had her share and my share of champagne/wine. Corey couldn't make it because he had to work but called to tell her how sorry he was and congrats (sidenote: it sucks he works so much but I'm thankful he has a great job and he is willing to work so much. i love him). I don't have pictures of this awesome get together because... ahhhemmmm my camera was out of batteries again. So all I can say the food was amazing (pregnancy makes me think of food), the company even better and the hospitality was out of this world. Job well done Aunt Ann. And I can't get enough of my Arenstiens (I missed you Jo Jo and David)!

After Cinci the next day we went to Alex's baptism. It was super small but very personal. Alex was like always... STELLAR. He loved it. At the end he was ready to run around with Addie, Hunter and Tyler but he was such a trooper. Here are a few pictures.

My beautiful mom and Alex before the shin dig starts!
Photobucket

Photobucket

"B" and Alex
Photobucket

Corey and I got Alex a ride-a-long Thomas and I think he liked it... :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyways, sorry for the long post. I will try to post more this week. I switched to 8 hour shifts instead of 12 which rock in one aspect but then again now I only have 8 hours to do all the work/charting that I would originally do in 12 so there is NO down time. Three weeks from today!! I can't wait. Exciting news is that if the baby was born today he/she would be considered FULL TERM! (holy cow) The average baby weighs 6.5 lbs (I think this one weighs 11 lbs) and dimples are starting to form on his or her elbows, knees and shoulders! It is super exciting.

Two last things... My cousin Kareen who lives in Colorado is running a marathon of some sort today (I think its like 13 miles) and I hope everyone thinks of her today. Good luck with that one. I know how cold it is here and I can't imagine how cold it is in CO let alone running 13 miles. Thats further than my house to my parents! wow! And lastly... I love Taylor Swift. Thats it.

LOVE YOU

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know you had someone here! But, It isnt that cold- I hope you know. Usually its warmer here than there! And we dont have the humidity to make it colder or hotter.... Can you believe humidity actually makes it colder too! I can't wait to see this little guy or girl.. I'm very excited for you!

The Miranda's said...

that's so exciting! enjoy your own time before the baby comes! : )