Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh look babe, it has a head!

First and foremost, welcome to my blog! My inspiration is my best friend Taylor. She is quite the blogger and I only wish I could be technologically advanced as she is! Anyway, I just figured I might as well do this in order to keep my family and friends updated with the wonderful progress of our bundle of joy on the way!

Most of you know Corey and I are expecting and I can't describe how excited both of us are to finally meet this wonderful miracle that is growing inside of me. Sure I have my moments but I was told by my cousin Jacob that I'm allowed to have them not only for these nine months, but also for the rest of my life because I'm a mom (well almost).

Anyway, the abbreviated version of the story is in April we found out that we are expecting and the due date is around December 13, 2008. Oh, I cAn'T WaIt!!! (can you sense my excitement?) Since then we have also rented a fetal doppler so in the mean time we can hear the baby's heart beat. Just recently (July 29) we had our first ultrasound. That's right, our first. We didn't get one to confirm pregnancy or anything, this was it. Needless to say we were counting down the minutes to that doctor's appointment. As soon as the gel was put on my ever-growing-belly and we saw the first glimpse of our child I began to tear up. Everything was, "look babe, it has a head!" or "look babe, it has a spine!" We both were just so elated at every sight we saw. As of right now I am almost 22 weeks, and every Sunday Corey and I sit on the couch and we read the Bible of baby books (really its just What to Expect When Your Expecting) about what we can expect for that week.

We both have decided that we aren't going to find out what the baby is and that we are going to be surprised in the delivery room. This is very frustrating to many of my family members (Jamie) and friends (Taylor, who also is expecting... we do everything together!) but it will be worth it in the end! How hard can it be...other people have done it, right Joni?

Well I know you all can't wait to see these pictures of the ultrasound so I won't keep you in suspense any longer! EnJoY!!!


"Here's Looking At You Kid!"

Photobucket





Strategically Covering up those "private parts"

Photobucket





Peek-A-Boo!!!

Photobucket





This view you can see his/her ribs! I love technology!

Photobucket

4 comments:

TaylorLynne34 said...

way to go steph!!!! whooooo! another person to read about all day! love you!

Sonja said...

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you guys. Thanks for sharing the pics. I tried real hard to see if i could figure out what it is (boy/girl) but couldn't. DARN! Keep me posted.

Love you darling,
Sonja

CAROLYN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CAROLYN said...

Congrats, I can't wait!! hey you have to put your pictures on here too!!

Love
Carolyn