Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Birthday dear Carter... Happy Birthday to you!

Well, its a boy!!! I know I haven't updated this in a while (Taylor tells me about every day to do it) but I've been a little busy! I hope everyone enjoyed Taylor's play by play of me in labor. I am so thankful I have such an amazing best friend. She is so thoughtful and I have no idea what I would ever do without her! She's awesome

So anyways, back to baby. Carter is doing awesome. He is sleeping anywhere from 4-8 hours at night. I made the mistake of waking him up in the middle of the night to eat (which apparently I was called many names that included the words... insane and stupid). But I was getting rather uncomfortable if he went longer than 4 to 6 hours. But anyways, he is doing awesome. He had many first's the last couple weeks. We had our first night at home, first sponge bath (hated), first Christmas, first belly button (yay!), first Hanukkah at Bubbie's, first pictures, first blow out (yes, that's right in the middle of Kroger, just threw his clothes away), and first new years; among other things.

Its amazing to think of my life without this kid. He is wonderful. I might moan and groan when I don't sleep but it makes it so worth while to see him stare into my eyes and know that he is studying every detail of my face and coming to know that this face will always be in his life. My only wish is that my grandparents (my mom's parents) would have seen him. My grandma would eat him up and my Papaw would probably put him to work already splitting wood or something :). He was definitely worth the wait.

Today is Carter's 4 week birthday. We had a one week birthday party with my mom and dad and Corey's parents and Maddie and Aunt Cindy but that was the last birthday party we had. I am definitely getting him another cake for his one month. I know a little crazy but I do love parties! Here are a few pictures, some from the hospital and all the way up until Tuesday. Enjoy and I love you!

Aunt Taylor and Carter meeting for the first time!
Photobucket

Carter and his first teddy bear he got in the hospital
Photobucket

Carter and Great Grandpa Phil
Photobucket

Carter at home
Photobucket

Sierra and Carter. She doesn't leave his side. She loves him
Photobucket

Carter and Papaw's hands. Dad's getting better, he doesn't cry every time he sees Carter now. hahahaha
Photobucket

Carter in Uncle B's arms on Christmas. He is so tired from delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls.
Photobucket

Carter and Great Great Grandma Mohler. She told me that she has only held 2 babies other than her own kids. And then she told me not to beat him too hard. hahahhahaha
Photobucket

Mamaw and Carter
Photobucket

Carter's first bath! He loved it. Hated getting out
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So fresh and so clean! He got excited and started smiling and moving his arms...
Photobucket

Daddy and Carter sleeping after bath time
Photobucket

New Year's Eve. This boy slept through Brian, Justin, Jacob and my dad singing every song on all the karaoke CDs. Did I mention EVERY SONG.. hahahahha
Photobucket

Well hopefully it won't be another 4 weeks but I hope you enjoy the "Pooper's" pictures.

1 comment:

TaylorLynne34 said...

i love the new picture/layout deal!! and i love you! xoxo